Industrial Fan blade fracture failure generally refers to the destruction of the material continuity of its own material under the action of external factors such as mechanical force, temperature and corrosion, so that partial cracking or failure of several parts will occur. There are three forms of fracture:
- Plastic fracture: The fan blade has already shown a certain degree of plastic deformation before it fractures. If the stress further increases and exceeds the yield strength of the material, this type of fracture will occur.
- Brittle fracture: The fan blade has no obvious plastic deformation before fracture. A fracture form that develops extremely fast is called brittle fracture.
- The occurrence of fracture is sudden and is a very dangerous form of fracture failure.Fatigue fracture: The fracture phenomenon caused by the fan blade after a certain number of cyclic loads or alternating stresses is called fatigue fracture.
So, what should I do if the Industrial Fan blade breaks?
1. Optimize the design of fan shape and structure. Reasonably choose fan blade materials. In the design of the fan blade structure, attention should be paid to reducing the stress concentration points, comprehensively considering the influence of the fan blade’s working environment such as medium, temperature, load, etc. on the parts, and rationally selecting the materials of the parts to achieve the purpose of reducing fatigue fracture.
2. Reasonably choose the fan blade processing method. It should be considered as much as possible to use carburizing, nitriding, shot peening, surface rolling and other process methods that can generate residual compressive stress to process the fan blade. By generating residual stress on the surface of the part, it can offset part of the tension caused by external load. stress.
3. Installation aspects:
a. Install correctly to prevent additional stress and vibration. The fan blades should be prevented from bruising and straining during installation, because every scar may become a source of fracture.
b. Care should be taken to protect the operating environment of the Industrial Fan, prevent the corrosion of corrosive media, and prevent the temperature difference of each part of the fan from being too large.